hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Asokan, M" <maso...@syncsort.com>
Subject RE: Randomly failing test
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 02:07:10 GMT
Hi Chris,
   Thanks for your reply.  I submitted a patch for MAPREDUCE-2454.  I got this failing test
error and I am blocked on this.  Can you please advise me how I proceed submitting the patch?
 I can spend some time investigating how to make the test more deterministic if that is possible(either
tuning some of the parameters or increasing child JVM memory?)

Thanks
-- Asokan
From: Chris Douglas [cdouglas@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:02 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Randomly failing test

The output on MAPREDUCE-4094 is no longer available, but a failed job
during an integration test could be traced to nondeterminism anywhere
in that chain. The "flakiness" you observe is common to many Hadoop
integration tests.

The purpose of the test is to verify that 1) the merge works when some
segments are retained in memory during the reduce 2) the tuning
parameters for the reduce have the expected effect. -C

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Asokan, M <masokan@syncsort.com> wrote:
> Can someone guide me in making the test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestReduceFetchFromPartialMem
less flaky?  I see test failures mentioned in MAPREDUCE-4094 and MAPREDUCE-4096 but no fix
is available so far.

> Thanks.
>
> -- Asokan
>

> ________________________________

ATTENTION: -----

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this message)
may contain proprietary, trade secret or other  confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted with this message
is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without prior written approval
from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, in any
form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this message in your possession,
custody or control.