hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Resolving find bug issue
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:14:20 GMT
The issue you are running into is because you made the HOST variable public, when it was package
previously.  Findbugs thinks that you want HOST to be a constant because it is ALL CAPS and
is only set once and read all other times.  By making it public it is now difficult to ensure
that it is never written to, hence the suggestion to make it final.  I would prefer to actually
switch it over to private and add in a new public method that return the value of HOST.

--Bobby Evans