hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Dennis Mårtensson
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 05:40:37 GMT
Dennis,

Hadoop is an open source project under the Apache Software Foundation.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute to it. There are no
'insiders' or 'outsiders' here when it comes to contributions :)

You may start by picking up some low hanging fruits in MapReduce
project, listed at our bug tracker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+MAPREDUCE+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+labels+%3D+newbie+AND+status+%3D+Open&runQuery=true&clear=true

Feel free to reach out to us over common-dev@ or mapreduce-dev@ if you
need some more help on any task! Some of us also hang out on #hadoop
on FreeNode IRC, if you prefer that.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Dennis Mårtensson <me@dennis.is> wrote:
> Hi my name is Dennis Mårtensson,
>
> I am a student and developer. Over the summer I am doing Hacker school. I am interested
in the map reduce project. I have started to look at your the code and i like to try to contribute
to the hadoop project. Is the contraptions done be the people over at cloudera or is it possible
to contribute as an outsider?

--
Harsh J