hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Randomly failing test
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:02:15 GMT
The output on MAPREDUCE-4094 is no longer available, but a failed job
during an integration test could be traced to nondeterminism anywhere
in that chain. The "flakiness" you observe is common to many Hadoop
integration tests.

The purpose of the test is to verify that 1) the merge works when some
segments are retained in memory during the reduce 2) the tuning
parameters for the reduce have the expected effect. -C

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Asokan, M <masokan@syncsort.com> wrote:
> Can someone guide me in making the test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestReduceFetchFromPartialMem
less flaky?  I see test failures mentioned in MAPREDUCE-4094 and MAPREDUCE-4096 but no fix
is available so far.

> Thanks.
>
> -- Asokan
>

> ________________________________
>

> ATTENTION: -----
>
> The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this
message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted
with this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without
prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution
of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this
message in your possession, custody or control.