hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Randomly failing test
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:16:03 GMT
It would be surprising if the test became flakier with those
modifications if the changes did not also change the semantics. From
the test output, the patch is causing an assertion to fail: more
records are hitting disk than expected. -C

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Asokan, M <masokan@syncsort.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>   Thanks for your reply.  I submitted a patch for MAPREDUCE-2454.  I got this failing
test error and I am blocked on this.  Can you please advise me how I proceed submitting the
patch?  I can spend some time investigating how to make the test more deterministic if that
is possible(either tuning some of the parameters or increasing child JVM memory?)

> Thanks
> -- Asokan

less flaky?  I see test failures mentioned in MAPREDUCE-4094 and MAPREDUCE-4096 but no fix
is available so far.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Asokan
>>

>> ________________________________
>

> ATTENTION: -----
>
> The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this
message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other  confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Any pricing information contained in this message or in any files transmitted
with this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without
prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is intended to be read only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution
of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this
message in your possession, custody or control.