hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Parreira <dany9...@gmail.com>
Subject JobTracker/TaskTraker heartbeats communication mechanism?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:43:39 GMT

We're having some problems understanding the communication system used in
the heartbeats between the JobTracker and the TaskTracker. They are both
calling the same interface function, but we don’t understand how that
allows for communication. *
*Is there any compiler plugin or RMI-style mechanism involved **that we
might not be aware of?** We found the interface as the point of
communication in VersionedProtocol but we haven't found the actual
implementation anywhere...*
Thank you,
Daniel Parreira & João Silva*