hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Clarification about 2.* branches
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:20:54 GMT

Done with deletion of the staging branch. Also updated all CHANGES.txt to point to a running
branch-2 instead of a release. When we decide to make a release branch, we can separate sections
then.

Thanks,
+vinod

On Jun 5, 2012, at 4:40 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see two branches for 2.* now: branch-2 and branch-2.0.0-alpha and two sections in CHANGES.txt:
2.0.1-alpha unreleased and 2.0.0-alpha released. It is a little confusing, seems like branch-2.0.0-alpha
was a staging branch for the release and can be thrown away.

> Anyone committing patches to both branch-2 and branch-2.0.0-alpha? If not, I'll blow
away the later and rename the section in CHANGES.txt to branch-2.