hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Sriram Rao <srirams...@gmail.com>
Subject Project announcement: Sailfish (also, looking for colloborators)
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 17:32:20 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to announce the release of a new open source project, Sailfish.

http://code.google.com/p/sailfish/

Sailfish tries to improve Hadoop-performance, particularly for large-jobs
which process TB's of data and run for hours.  In building Sailfish, we
modify how map-output is handled and transported from map->reduce.

The project pages provide more information about the project.

We are looking for colloborators who can help get some of the ideas into
Apache Hadoop. A possible step forward could be to make "shuffle" phase of
Hadoop pluggable.

If you are interested in working with us, please get in touch with me.

Sriram