hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:47:31 GMT
WHat needs to happen for HADOOP-7823 to get committed for 1.1.0?

    - Tim.

From: mfoley@hortonworks.com [mfoley@hortonworks.com] On Behalf Of Matt Foley [mattf@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 6:02 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop-1.0.3 and 1.1 release / code freeze proposals

Hi all,
a couple major bugs have shown up in Hadoop-1.0.2.  I propose to make a
1.0.3 release containing fixes for:
  - MAPREDUCE-4154
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4154> streaming
MR job succeeds even if the streaming command fails
  - HDFS-119 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-119> logSync() may
block NameNode forever.
We will also accept the following bug fixes already committed to branch-1.0
CHANGES.txt): HADOOP-6924, HADOOP-6941, HADOOP-8188, HDFS-3127,
MAPREDUCE-3377, HADOOP-5528, HADOOP-6963, HADOOP-8251, HADOOP-8293.

If there are other critical bugs you would like to see in 1.0.3, please let
me know by end of day Monday, 4/23.  I'll start the process of making a
1.0.3 RC-1 on Tuesday.

Also, it seems that it is time to do a 1.1 release.  Some 80 bug fixes and
enhancements have accumulated in branch-1.  Hopefully they've all been
properly reviewed and unit tested!  Let's declare a code freeze for 1.1 at
the end of this month.  At that time I will make a branch-1.1 and a release
candidate for 1.1.0.

Thank you,

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipient(s) named above.  The information and any attached documents contained
in this message may be Exar confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination or reproduction of
this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.

View raw message