hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Mostafa Elhemali <mosta...@microsoft.com>
Subject Help a newbie on patch submission
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:12:42 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to submit a patch to fix some build problems in Hadoop trunk on Windows, and I'm
having a hard time pleasing Hadoop QA. This is for Hadoop-8241 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8241).
I submitted the first patch and it said it couldn't apply it, so I figured it may have to
do with the fact that one of the two files fixed is in hadoop-hdfs-https which isn't part
of the Hadoop Common project. So I submitted a second patch just for hadoop-dist/pom.xml which
I believe is part of the Common project, but that couldn't be applied as well.
So I come to you: what am I doing horribly wrong and how can I appease the almighty Hadoop
QA?

Thanks,
Mostafa Elhemali