hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:14:48 GMT
To my knowledge, shuffle is already pluggable in 0.23 onwards, as long as
it is used only by mapreduce framework.

That's why Avner says : "In parallel, I'll try to *learn what exists* in
0.23". (Emphasize my own.)

That's why I was wondering about the insistence of committing to trunk
first.

- Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)