hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Java 7 and Hadoop
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:25:34 GMT
Hey Scott,

Nice.  Please update this page with your experience when you get a chance:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions

Thanks,
Eli

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> Java 7 update 4 has been released.  It is even available for MacOS X from Oracle:
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u4-downloads-1591156.html
>
> Java 6 will reach end of life in about 6 months.   After that point, there will be no
more public updates from Oracle for Java 6, even security updates.
> https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/updated_java_6_eol_date
> You can of course pay them for updates or build your own OpenJDK.
>
> The entire Hadoop ecosystem needs to test against Java 7 JDKs this year.  I will be
testing some small clusters of ours with JDK 7 in about a month, and my internal projects
will start using Java 7 features shortly after.