hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: what does mackmode signify
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 21:18:27 GMT
It is a toggle property for unit tests to enable, in order to disable
a few things due to which unit testing can get easy. Basically appears
like the allocations updater thread isn't invoked during testing, if
mockMode is enabled.

Also see TestFairScheduler.java, in which the mockMode is enabled via
"scheduler = new FairScheduler(clock, true);" for the scheduler object
the test uses. In real use, this mode is never entered into.

P.s. Since you mentioned you're changing a few things, you also ought
to know that FairScheduler is being ported over to Hadoop 2.x
currently. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3451
for more.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Ranjan Banerjee <rbanerjee2@wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am going through the code for the fair scheduler in order to make some changes
in it. I came across a variable called mockmode. Can someone say what does it signify?

--
Harsh J