hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ranjan Banerjee <rbanerj...@wisc.edu>
Subject Warning in running mapreduce jobs
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 00:56:32 GMT
Hello,
  I am running the default map reduce  job (word count) in Hadoop. The job runs fine and
I am able to delve into the statistics. However I get a warning as follows
"No job jar file set.  User classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or JobConf#setJar(String)."
  Also I set the following parameter in the core-site.xml

<property>
  <name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
  <value>2</value>
  <description>The default number of map tasks per job.  Typically set
  to a prime several times greater than number of available hosts.
  Ignored when mapred.job.tracker is "local".
  </description>
</property>
However I still get only one map task and not two. Can someone suggest the solution to this
problem.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee