hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ranjan Banerjee <rbanerj...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Problem in installing hive
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 20:06:24 GMT
Hello Arpit,
   Thanks a lot for the help. I tried hive 0.8.1 and it worked.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 04/01/12, Arpit Gupta   wrote:
> Make sure you are on hive 0.8.1 that has the fix for this issue.
>
> --
> Arpit Gupta
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
> On Apr 1, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Ranjan Banerjee wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >    I am trying to install hive. However I am facing the following problem. After
following all the procedures, when I try to get the command line interface by typing the command
hive, I get the following message:

> > Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
> >
> > Hive requires Hadoop 0.20.x (x >= 1).
> > 'hadoop version' returned:
> > Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
> >
> > Hadoop 1.0.0 Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1.0
-r 1214675 Compiled by hortonfo on Thu Dec 15 16:36:35 UTC 2011