hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ranjan Banerjee <rbanerj...@wisc.edu>
Subject Help needed regarding collection of statistics in map reduce tak phases
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:19:57 GMT
Hello everyone,
    I am interested in collecting statistics (mainly amount of time used) from Map Reduce
task phases like split, read,spill,aggregate etc in both the map and reduce tasks. I was told
to use hive or pig as they are good tools for statistical analysis. I installed hive and am
able to query which translates to map reduce jobs in the underlying framework. I however am
not sure how to get these statistical data from the map reduce task phases using hive. Can
someone please give any hints, like setting a parameter to see the memory usage or time spent
in each of these phases. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee