hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Error related Hadoop
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:20:17 GMT
This can be due to any of these reasons,

1. No DataNode instances being up and running.
2. The DataNode instances cannot talk to the server, through networking or Hadoop configuration
problems.
3. Your DataNode instances have no hard disk space in their configured data directories.
4. Your DataNode instances have run out of space.

Can you check the Name Node and Data Node logs for clear reasons?

Thanks
Devaraj

From: Bhavesh Shah [bhavesh25shah@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:40 PM
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Error related Hadoop

Hello,
I launched my instance on Amazon. And I run the job yesterday on it and I
got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
configuration/running jobs?

--
Regards,
Bhavesh Shah