hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Help a newbie on patch submission
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:50:56 GMT
I tried applying your patches in my environment, It works fine.

The issue with Hadoop QA may be because of having <ctl>-M (^M) characters in the patch
file. Can you try by removing the  <ctl>-M (^M) chars in the patch.

Thanks
Devaraj
From: Mostafa Elhemali [mostafae@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:42 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Help a newbie on patch submission

Hi,
I'm trying to submit a patch to fix some build problems in Hadoop trunk on Windows, and I'm
having a hard time pleasing Hadoop QA. This is for Hadoop-8241 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8241).
I submitted the first patch and it said it couldn't apply it, so I figured it may have to
do with the fact that one of the two files fixed is in hadoop-hdfs-https which isn't part
of the Hadoop Common project. So I submitted a second patch just for hadoop-dist/pom.xml which
I believe is part of the Common project, but that couldn't be applied as well.
So I come to you: what am I doing horribly wrong and how can I appease the almighty Hadoop
QA?

Thanks,
Mostafa Elhemali