hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Some s3n improvements to the 1.0 branch? Also, is there a 1.1.0 planned?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:25:18 GMT
Hey Jagane,

You can target your patches against branch-1.0, and then mark them
with fixVersion 1.0.2 if you'd like the RM to pull them in for the
next dot release.

Thanks,
Eli

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Jagane Sundar <jagane@sundar.org> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to make some enhancements to the s3n driver in branch-1.0.
>
> Specifically, I would like to accomplish the following:
> 1. Backport HADOOP-5836
> 2. Update the jets3t library from 0.6.1 to 0.8.1. This entails code changes in the s3n
driver to track API changes in jets3t version 0.8.1. I filed a jira, HADOOP-8136, to track
this.

> The question I have is this - where does it make sense to put these fixes in? Is there
a Release 1.1.0 planned? Or is it merely a 1.0.[23] type of change?