hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Tsur <qbal...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC benefits
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:21:54 GMT
HI all,

I am CS student in my final year and I would like to combine the Hadoop
project with GSoC over the summer.  I actually run in to Hadoop by mistake,
I was researching some concepts regarding my final year project and ran in
to you guys. I wonder if someone from the group is planning on mentoring
this upcoming summer, I'm highly interested in the project.

I've heard that in previous years, time and effort were placed in to GSoC
participants but it didn't make it to the build. Since I'm not an active
member of developing Hadoop I wonder if you have an Idea of a quantifiable
project I can take. I know some disappointments were raised in the past, I
would like to focus mainly on a quality delivery even if small.

I'm here mainly to listen to you at this moment, any aspects in the
projects you think would fit someone like me?

Good Day,
qballer