hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jagane Sundar <jag...@sundar.org>
Subject Some s3n improvements to the 1.0 branch? Also, is there a 1.1.0 planned?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:47:40 GMT
Hello All,

I would like to make some enhancements to the s3n driver in branch-1.0.

Specifically, I would like to accomplish the following:
1. Backport HADOOP-5836
2. Update the jets3t library from 0.6.1 to 0.8.1. This entails code changes in the s3n driver
to track API changes in jets3t version 0.8.1. I filed a jira, HADOOP-8136, to track this.

The question I have is this - where does it make sense to put these fixes in? Is there a Release
1.1.0 planned? Or is it merely a 1.0.[23] type of change?

Thanks in advance,
Jagane