hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: expected release dates for future releases
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:39:32 GMT
Avner,

I'm currently thinking along the lines of making a hadoop-2.0.0 release in the next couple
of weeks based on community feedback on it's readiness, blockers etc.

We don't really think of it as a 'last date', you can always get your work reviewed/committed
to branch-1 or branch-2 and it will be picked up into a release.

More details here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap.

We do expect 'new features' to make it to trunk before we can commit to either branch-1 or
branch-2.

hth,
Arun

--