hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject Getting started with Eclipse for Hadoop 1.0.0?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:48:40 GMT
Any suggestions with getting started with eclipse debugging for 1.0.0?

I would like to be able to debug unit tests for my compression codec with some reasonable
debugger, be it eclipse, netbeans, or even jdb.

Harsh recommended Eclipse, so I'm wading in...

When I run "ant eclipse" I get missing file errors. The docs on the wiki are about using mvn,
which isn't supported in 1.x and they include a cryptic note that "this" doesn't work, whatever
"this" is.

Many of the blog entries describing how to do this refer to the eclipse plugin page above,
but the sections they refer to appear to have been deleted.

Eclipse isn't mentioned in The Book at all, and the 1.0.0 docs directory mentions it only
in passing in the release notes and changes docs.

If I just try to create a project from build.xml, there appears to be a missing ivy classpath
file.

What is the best way to get started debugging with Eclipse?

Thanks,
    - Tim.

The information and any attached documents contained in this message
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. The message is
intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or
reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by
return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.