hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Elgohary <aagoh...@gmail.com>
Subject Install an environment for hadoop development
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 02:36:18 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to install an environment to start trying out some
modifications to hadoop. All what I need is to have an eclipse project than
I can modify, build, and generate a new hadoop jar file (like
hadoop-core.jar). I followed the instructions in this page (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment) till getting all the
builds performed successfully. Then, I added the 4 projects
(hadoop-common-project, hadoop-assemblies, hadoop-hdfs-project, and
hadoop-mapreduce-project) to eclipse. Then, I found several compilation
errors in the the 3 projects (hadoop-common-project, hadoop-hdfs-project,
and hadoop-mapreduce-project).

I cannot find any clue to figure out what is wrong.
Actually, I am new to hadoop. Is there a simpler way to modify mapreduce
code, build it and get the modified jar?

--ahmed