hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From <ext-fabio.alme...@nokia.com>
Subject Partitioners - How to know if they are working
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:49:49 GMT
Hello All,
I wrote my own partitioner and I would like to see if it's working.
By printing the return of method getPartition I could see that the partitions were different,
but were they really working? To answer that I got the keys that every reducer task processed
and that was what I expected. It seems my partitioner is working properly. But not easy to
discover though.
Does anyone know if there is an easier way to see if your customized partitioner is working?
For instance, a counter that shows how many partitioners a map generated or a reducer received?
Thanks in advance,
Fabio Almeida