hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ben West <bwsithspaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unit tests
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 03:32:58 GMT
Thanks Uma!

Another question:

When I run "ant test," it seems like the first test of TestDFSShell throws an NPE and then
the rest of them say they can't get a lock. Does anyone know why this is happening? Even if
I comment out the first test, then the second one just throws the NPE, so it doesn't seem
like an error with any specific test.

2012-01-29 21:22:30,642 INFO  common.Storage (Storage.java:lock(601)) - Cannot lock storage
/home/ben/Scripts/hadoop/hadoop/build/test/data/dfs/name1. The directory is already locked.

----

Testcase: testRecrusiveRm took 4.403 sec
Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes(MiniDFSCluster.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:280)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:124)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.TestDFSShell.testRecrusiveRm(TestDFSShell.java:137)

Testcase: testDu took 0.172 sec
Caused an ERROR
Cannot lock storage /home/ben/Scripts/hadoop/hadoop/build/test/data/dfs/name1. The directory
is already locked.
java.io.IOException: Cannot lock storage /home/ben/Scripts/hadoop/hadoop/build/test/data/dfs/name1.
The directory is already locked.
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.lock(Storage.java:602)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.format(FSImage.java:1219)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.format(FSImage.java:1237)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.format(NameNode.java:1164)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.format(NameNode.java:184)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:267)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:124)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.TestDFSShell.testDu(TestDFSShell.java:162)