hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Hao Yang <hao.yang0...@gmail.com>
Subject TestDFSIO job failure when probabilistically injecting faults in checksum file
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2011 07:59:13 GMT
Hi, all:

I am a graduate student, now working on HDFS fault injection course
project. I used FI framework to create data corruption in either data file
or checksum file. However, when I set the injection probability to 0.1,
TestDFSIO always fails if I corrupt the checksum file. If I corrupt the
data file with the same probability, the benchmark can succeed with onl
corruption exception reported. Does anyone know the reason?

Thank you for your time.