hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject New InfoQ article on HBase and Lucene
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 18:19:47 GMT
Hi,

Just FYI... Boris Lublinsky released a new article that starts to talk about a PoC we did
earlier in the year.

Without spoiling the article, the reason I wanted to point this out is that there have been
a couple of posts around the community (including some of the social networking sites...)
where people are presenting Hadoop only being good for batch processing while ignoring that
you can use it for real time applications.

Using HBase as a backing store to Lucene appears to be a valid option.
If you are bored, or really are interested in a HBase use case... Check out
http://www.infoq.com/articles/LuceneHbase

-Mike

PS. Going from memory, this is the first of 3 articles on the topic....

Mike Segel