hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From #NGUYEN HA DUY# <Y080...@e.ntu.edu.sg>
Subject How to test/run Hadoop after build the code
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 05:23:55 GMT
I got the Hadoop source code, and I able to build the source code with "mvn clean install -DskipTests
-P-cbuild", but I don't know how to test the built program (run it on a cluster)

May I ask how do you often test your changes on Hadoop with a cluster? I want to run my Hadoop
on a cluster and see the effect of the changes I made. But I don't figure how...

Is the development steps something like this:
- Change code
- Build
- Run Unit tests
- Try run on a cluster
- Commit
?

In addition, I've joined IRC chat FreeNode -> hadoop, but I've found that the channel is
very inactive... How do you often communicate with other Hadoop developer? Not using IRC?

Any of your help is very much appreciated,
Thank you