hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: FileSystem contract of listStatus
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:14:31 GMT
I think that the API docs actually say globStatus is ordered and leave the
ordering semantics for listStatus undefined.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html#globStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/RawLocalFileSystem.html#listStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)