hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 05:44:13 GMT
Hi Eli,

There is no new functionality added by HDFS-2246. It is a "performance"
fix.

But I agree that it is not a trivial fix. One proposal coud be to commit
this patch to trunk too and then continue to work on HDFS-347 to make a
better fix to this problem. The godo part is that there is no API change
if/when we move to HDFS-347.

-dhruba

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Eli Collins <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hey Matt,
>
> Is HDFS-2246 slated for 0.20.205.1?  Given that it's not a bug and is
> non-trivial it seems better suited for 206 than a point release. Also,
> per the sustaining roadmap - http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap -
> "Only functionality already committed to trunk should be submitted to
> a sustaining release." and this functionality does not yet have a
> patch for trunk yet (let alone committed).
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Matt Foley <mattf@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I propose to make a 0.20.205.1 candidate soon, with the following sets of
> > patches:
> >
> >   - deficiencies in HBase support, pointed out by the HBase team and
> others
> >   - deficiencies in webhdfs support on secure clusters
> >   - a couple last-minute fixes submitted to branch-0.20-security-205 that
> >   were too late to be included in 205.0
> >
> > If you would like other patches included, and you feel it is appropriate
> to
> > have them in 205.1 rather than waiting for 206.0, please declare them by
> > setting the "Target Versions" field in their Jiras, and they will receive
> > due consideration, assuming that the proposed patch is actually
> > contributed, tested, reviewed, approved, and committed
> > to branch-0.20-security-205 by the freeze date :-)
> >
> > I would like to make the rc0 candidate next Friday, so I propose to
> declare
> > 205.1 code freeze at noon, PST, Friday 11 Nov.  If this is a problem for
> > anyone, please let me know.
> >
> > Thank you, and best regards,
> > --Matt (Release Manager)
> >
>



-- 
Subscribe to my posts at http://www.facebook.com/dhruba

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message