hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Which branch for my patch?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:06:46 GMT
Niels,

I think that the branch you put it on depends mostly on where you and others what to see this
feature (splittable Gzip) go in.  At a minimum you should target trunk.  If you want to see
it go into 1.* then you probably also want to port it to that line (branch-1).  Once they
are in porting it to other branches should be fairly simple and really depends on where you
and others want to use your feature.

--Bobby Evans