hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Srinivas <sur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 06:41:08 GMT
> I had spoken with Sanjay offline about this patch a week or so before
> 205 was frozen. At that point we had left the discussion that we would
> try to get it in for 205 with the understanding that a trunk patch
> would be posted within a day or two of the 205 patch. Given that it's
> now been a month or two since then and we still haven't seen any trunk
> work here, I don't understand why we're now rushing and breaking our
> own release policies.

The patch was ready a month or two ago. Matt sent an email about building
rc0 tomorrow (a week ago). Hence the jira has become active for almost a
week or so. Not just this jira, there are others that have been committed,
since Matt posted the email. As I said, in my email earlier, the trunk
patch will be posted as well.