hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Blocks are getting corrupted under very high load
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:21:54 GMT
Thanks Todd.

Finally we also started suspecting in that angle. Planned to take the file details before
reboot and after reboot.
With the above analysis i can confirm, whether the same issue or not.

One more thing to notice is that the difference between reboot time and last replica finalization
is ~1hr in some cases.
Since the machine is rebooted due to kernal.hung_task_timeout_secs , in OS also that particular
thread might not got the chance to sync the data.

great one, HDFS-1539, I have merged all the bugs. Since this is an improvement, issue might
not come to my list :( .

Also found some OS level configs to do the filesystem operations synchronously
dirsync
    All directory updates within the filesystem should be done synchronously. This affects
the following system calls: creat, link, unlink, symlink, mkdir, rmdir, mknod and rename.

We suspected mainly the rename operation lost after reboot. Since metafile , blockfile rename
should happen when finalizing the block from BBW to current. ( at least not considered blocksize).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your great & valuable  time  with us here. After checking the
above OS logs, i will have a run with HDFS-1539.

Regards,
Uma