hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Dove <ron...@oceansync.com>
Subject JobTracker API Hooks
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:08:03 GMT
Hello,

Is it possible to connect to an already running JobTracker via socket through the Hadoop Java
API?  I see that there is a startTracker method but nothing to establish a connection/hook
into a currently running JobTracker, that might of been launched prior to an application connecting.
 I know that I can use JobClient to assist with tracking jobs that I submit through my application
but I was interested in monitoring all job statuses that were launched by other applications
or users that launch jobs independently through the Hadoop command line.

Thanks in advance.
Ronnie Dove
OceanSync Hadoop Management Software
http://www.OceanSync.com