hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Amindri Udugala <amindriudug...@gmail.com>
Subject Utilize Hadoop over GPGPUs
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 16:56:05 GMT
Hi Hadoop Devs,

I'm a final year Computer Science undergraduate, and a newbie to Hadoop. In
my final year I'm suppose to carry out a research project.

I have an idea to utilize Hadoop over GPGPUs for better performance, as my
research project.

Do you'll think this idea has any potential in it? And will it obviously
contribute for better performance? (I'm thinking of a scenario where the
master assigns multiple jobs  to single node with a GPGPU)
Your valuable ideas are mostly welcome..

Also I'm interested on the topic "Ability to dynamically increase replicas
of data in HDFS based on access patterns". I saw that it is reported as an
issue at jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-782 .  The
resolution is still marked as unresolved. I would like to know if any work
is currently carried out about this.

--
Regards
Amindri Udugala