hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Aye <jay...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Unable to Apply Patch
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 12:04:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm having problems submitting a patch.  It's my first attempt at submitting something so
I assume I'm getting something wrong when generating my patch.  The patch applies successfully
on my local system (using patch -p0 < filename) but when I attach it to the jira Hadoop
QA reports that it could not be applied.  I've generated the patch from both Git and SVN and
in both cases the submission fails.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-364 (very old issue but looked like something nice
and simple to get my environment set up correctly).

Does anybody have any thoughts as to what the problem is?

As an aside, how do I assign the jira to myself?

Thanks,
Jon