hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Segel, Mike" <mse...@navteq.com>
Subject RE: kfs and hdfs
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:56:07 GMT
Guys,
I'm sorry. I really couldn't resist. :-)

Yeah, Arun is right. I've given grief to a couple of vendors making claims about their products.
It was just too easy and well... it's a Monday so I hope everyone took my post with its intended
humor value.

We now return you back to the original rant on distributed file systems.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 2:40 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: kfs and hdfs

Agree with Cos completely.

As Apache Hadoop becomes more successful, we can expect more of these marketing messages from
all sorts of vendors on Apache lists.

Of course it's preaching to the choir when it comes to Mike - I've seen him make similar arguments
against other vendors on various forums (LI etc.)... so, thanks Mike! :)

Arun

On Oct 10, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I am not speaking for Owen in any way and appreciate your sense of
> humor, but the position he has expressed was (and hopefully remain) a
> stance of these
> lists: they aren't a marketing materials distribution channels. These are dev.
> mailing lists.
>
> Cos
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 01:59PM, Segel, Mike wrote:
>> Owen,
>> Are you still a bit touchy over Mike Olson's rebuttal to your blog?
>> :-P <triumph_insult_comic_dog>(I kee-id, I kee-id)
>> </triumph_insult_comic_dog>

FAT32 *laugh*) off of the Apache Hadoop lists.

>> -- Owen

or paper files.