hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Broberg <tbrob...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Example mvn cmd line to build snappy native lib?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:24:43 GMT
bump

Does anybody know how to build the snappy native library?

    - Tim.

________________________________
From: Tim Broberg <tbroberg@yahoo.com>
To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:52 PM
Subject: Example mvn cmd line to build snappy native lib?

I'm trying to build the trunk from hadoop SVN including all the native libraries.

The BUILDING.txt file has the following documentation on building the native libraries:

"
 Build options:

  * Use -Pnative to compile/bundle native code
  * Use -Dsnappy.prefix=(/usr/local) & -Dbundle.snappy=(false) to compile
    Snappy JNI bindings and to bundle Snappy SO files
"

I tried the following, but never seem to get a libsnappy.so anywhere:

mvn compile -Pnative
mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local -Dbundle.snappy=true

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local -Dbundle.snappy=false

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=~tbroberg -Dbundle.snappy=true

If I stick a #error statement in SnappyCompressor.c, I do see the first of these fail, so
it's doing *something* with snappy.

Can anyone provide an example command line to build this?

Thanks,
    - Tim.