hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Broberg <tbrob...@yahoo.com>
Subject Example mvn cmd line to build snappy native lib?
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:52:29 GMT
I'm trying to build the trunk from hadoop SVN including all the native libraries.

The BUILDING.txt file has the following documentation on building the native libraries:

"
 Build options:

  * Use -Pnative to compile/bundle native code
  * Use -Dsnappy.prefix=(/usr/local) & -Dbundle.snappy=(false) to compile
    Snappy JNI bindings and to bundle Snappy SO files
"

I tried the following, but never seem to get a libsnappy.so anywhere:

mvn compile -Pnative
mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local -Dbundle.snappy=true

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=/usr/local -Dbundle.snappy=false

mvn compile -Pnative -Dsnappy.prefix=~tbroberg -Dbundle.snappy=true

If I stick a #error statement in SnappyCompressor.c, I do see the first of these fail, so
it's doing *something* with snappy.

Can anyone provide an example command line to build this?

Thanks,
    - Tim.