hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Watkins <jayh...@cs.ucsc.edu>
Subject Re: Trouble resolving external jar dependency
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 02:53:48 GMT
Cool, this got me to where I needed to be.

Thanks a lot!
-Noah

On Aug 1, 2011, at 11:18 AM, Rottinghuis, Joep wrote:

> Run a compile with a -verbose option to the ant command.
> That makes it more verbose and may reveal what the problem is.
>
> Another trick you can try is to add a regular dependency (in Ivy) and drop the file in
your local ~/.ivy2 directory.
> You'll probably have to create a directory structure to mimick the group (com.company.tool/tool/version).
> See the other files in .ivy2 and/or the pattern in the ivy.xml for the right pattern.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joep

available right now via maven. I added the jar to the lib/ directory and hadoop-common builds
fine. However, when running 'ant mvn-install' I get the following error. It seems as though
a reference to the external jar needs to be added in an additional location. Where might this
reference be? Thanks, Noah

> -compile-fault-inject:
>     [echo] Start weaving aspects in place
>     [iajc] error at import net.newdream.ceph.rados.Cluster;
>     [iajc]        ^^
>     [iajc] /home/nwatkins/Projects/hadoop/hadoop-common/common/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/rados/RadosFileSystem.java:44:0::0
The import net cannot be resolved