hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:23:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:28 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting confused about release roadmaps right now
>
> branch-20 is the new trunk, given that features keep popping up in it rather than bug
fixes.

When we voted to adopt 203.rc0 we also voted to adopt the new 4 part
version scheme which was intended to allow feature development on the
203.x series. See http://search-hadoop.com/m/iegPf7aDvh1

branch-20-security is not the new trunk, trunk and branches from trunk
are where most of the action is happening. However it is disappointing
to see some of the features being developed on branch-20-security,
rather being developed first on trunk and then ported to
branch-20-security.

Thanks,
Eli