hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhixuan Zhu" <z...@calpont.com>
Subject how to pass a hdfs file to a c++ process
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:57:12 GMT
Hi All,

I'm using hadoop-0.20.2 to try out some simple tasks. I asked a question
about FileInputFormat a few days ago and get some prompt replys from
this forum and it helped a lot. Thanks again! Now I have another
question. I'm trying to invoke a C++ process from my mapper for each
hdfs file in the input directory to achieve some parallel processing.
But how do I pass the file to the program? I would want to do something
like the following in my mapper:

Process lChldProc = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("myprocess -file
$filepath");

How do I pass the hdfs filesystem to an outside process like that? Is
HadoopStreaming the direction I should go?

Thanks very much for any reply in advance.

Best,
Grace