hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0rc2?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:50:13 GMT

On Aug 9, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> All,
>  Matt rolled a 0.20.204.0rc1, but I think it got lost in the previous vote thread. Unfortunately,
it had the version as 0.20.204 and didn't update the release notes. I've updated it, run the
regression tests and I think we should release it. I've put the tarball up at:

> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.204.0-rc2
>
> Please check it out and vote on it.

	After playing with it this afternoon, it would be good if other people did too.  I've already
talked to Owen about some of the weirdness I'm seeing, but it would be useful to see if other
people can independently verify.  I'm not going to tell you what they are... but run a sizable
job and see if you see anything.... odd. :)