hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From George Kousiouris <gkous...@mail.ntua.gr>
Subject Any related paper on how to resolve hadoop SPOF issue?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:43:55 GMT

Hi guys,

We are currently in the process of writing a paper regarding hadoop and
we would like to reference any attempt to remove the single point of
failure of the Namenode. We have found in various presentations some
efforts (like dividing the namespace between more than one namenodes if
i remember correctly) but the search for a concrete paper on the issue
came to nothing.

Is anyone aware or has participated in such an effort?

Thanks,
George

--

---------------------------

George Kousiouris
Electrical and Computer Engineer
Division of Communications,
Electronics and Information Engineering
Tel: +30 210 772 2546
Mobile: +30 6939354121
Fax: +30 210 772 2569
Email: gkousiou@mail.ntua.gr
Site: http://users.ntua.gr/gkousiou/

National Technical University of Athens
9 Heroon Polytechniou str., 157 73 Zografou, Athens, Greece