hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 13:57:04 GMT
On 02/08/11 20:23, Eli Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Allen Wittenauer<aw@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:28 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting confused about release roadmaps right now
>>
>> branch-20 is the new trunk, given that features keep popping up in it rather than
bug fixes.

> When we voted to adopt 203.rc0 we also voted to adopt the new 4 part
> version scheme which was intended to allow feature development on the
> 203.x series. See http://search-hadoop.com/m/iegPf7aDvh1

This makes things clearer.

Now, if I were to propagate a change from trunk to the 0.20.20x branch
by committing it to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20-security-204/
, that's going to get into .204? Yet my proposal to do what was
rejected, saying "hold for .205". Should someone create a .205 branch so
that we can backport all non-critical patches for the 20.20x line into
there, while the 0.20.204 becomes frozen for the release except for
absolutely critical patches?