hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0-rc3?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:08:15 GMT
+1 (non-binding), tested several map reduce jobs on 50 nodes with security enabled.  No failure
observed in tera gen and tera sort tasks.  RPM tested on CentOS 5.6, and Deb package tested
on Ubuntu 11.4.

regards,
Eric

On Aug 25, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> All,
>   I've fixed the issues that Allen observed in the previous rc for 0.20.204 and rolled
the new bundled up in http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.204.0-rc3 . Please download
the tarball, compile it,  and try it out. All of the tests pass, and I've run several 1TB
sorts with 15,000 maps and 110 reduces with only 1 task failures out of 3 runs.