hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <o...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0rc2?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:28:20 GMT

On Aug 9, 2011, at 8:55 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> All,
>  Matt rolled a 0.20.204.0rc1, but I think it got lost in the previous vote thread. Unfortunately,
it had the version as 0.20.204 and didn't update the release notes. I've updated it, run the
regression tests and I think we should release it. I've put the tarball up at:

> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.204.0-rc2

This vote is still running with no votes other than mine.

I've tested with and without security on a 60 node cluster and I'm seeing some failures, but
not that many. On a terasort with 15,000 maps and 200 reduces, I ran the following cases:

security + linux task controller : 2 failures (both mr-2651)

no security + default task controller : 6-7 failures (seems to be a race condition in clean
up)

Even in the no security case, it is only losing 0.05% of the time.

It isn't perfect, but this is the code that Yahoo is currently running. I think we should
release it.

-- Owen