hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0-rc3?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 00:18:02 GMT
+1.

Downloaded the release, brought up a single node cluster and ran a  randomwriter job. Also
ran ant test and it passed.

thanks
mahadev

On Aug 26, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Eric Yang wrote:

> +1 (non-binding), tested several map reduce jobs on 50 nodes with security enabled.
No failure observed in tera gen and tera sort tasks.  RPM tested on CentOS 5.6, and Deb package
tested on Ubuntu 11.4.

> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Aug 25, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
>> All,
>>  I've fixed the issues that Allen observed in the previous rc for 0.20.204 and rolled
the new bundled up in http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.20.204.0-rc3 . Please download
the tarball, compile it,  and try it out. All of the tests pass, and I've run several 1TB
sorts with 15,000 maps and 110 reduces with only 1 task failures out of 3 runs.