hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.20.204.0-rc0
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:51:30 GMT
On 29/07/11 12:01, Steve Loughran wrote:
> On 29/07/11 03:13, Aaron T. Myers wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Arun C Murthy<acm@hortonworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> But, it doesn't really matter... do folks feel strongly we should
>>> restart
>>> the vote on general?
>>>

>> I don't think there's need to restart the vote. I only brought this up
>> because I've heard from a few people that they didn't know a release vote
>> was going on. Let's just send an email to general@ saying there's a vote
>> going on on common-dev@, and from now on be sure to send votes to
>> general@.
>> As Eli already said, it doesn't matter which it is, as long as people
>> know
>> where to look.
>

> I'd like to rm the log4j.properties file; I'll apply the patch for this
> to the branch and build and test locally. Yes: test.

I've committed the HADOOP-7468 patch to build.xml to stop
conf/log4.properties going into the JAR to trunk.

There's a separate patch for the 0.20.204 release, which I'd argue for
inclusion
  1. It doesn't impact the server code
  2. It breaks any app downstream that wants its own log4j. To be
precise, it causes inconsistent behaviour depending on the classpath
ordering.

This change isn't going to impact any of the hadoop scripts -including
client side ones- that have a the conf/ dir on the classpath.

-Steve